By way of Introduction

I still don't totally get life. But mine is probably half over, so maybe I'm old enough to have learned something, and young enough to learn a whole a lot more.

Jesus said that He came to give us life and that more abundantly. Apparently, His idea of an abundant life and mine are not the same thing. My idea of an abundant life would be to win the lottery and live a life of pleasure. But that isn't happening, so He must have something else in mind. According to John 17:3 His idea of life is to know Him. So that's what I'm trying to do (get to know God), and hope to help others to do too.

The name of this blog is my attempt to express this. I choose the term FOG as an acronym for Friend Of God, but also as a way of saying the way isn't always clear to me.

Anyone who knows me knows I can be blunt at times. So was Jesus. The difference is that He was blunt and loving at the same time - I am not always. I don't mean to offend people (honest), but chances are I will at times. Please try to forgive me and not be afraid to come back.

Jerrid



Saturday, June 26, 2010

Trying this Again!

Welcome back to my new and (hopefully) improved blog. I really appreciate everyone who commented on the previous edition. You encouraged me to start again. Perhaps the biggest difference this time around is that I am going to make a real effort to not be too cynical. Not to ask questions simply for the sake of stirring up an argument. And not to complain.

These posts take time, and I really don't need to hear myself ramble, so please give me honest feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment